The President is the official spokesperson of the University Program Board. The President is required to chair all Executive Board, General Board, and Full Board meetings. The President is also responsible for coordinating and overseeing the activities and coordinate the direction of UPB.
- Serve as official spokesperson of UPB.
- Coordinate and oversee the direction of UPB.
- Enforce the UPB Constitution and By-Laws.
- Meet with the Vice President, directors, and committee chairpersons outside of regularly scheduled meetings.
- Chair Executive Board, General Board, and Full Board meetings as well as elections and Program Proposal Retreats.
- Coordinate Executive Board Retreat with advisors.
- Call special meetings when necessary.
- Support committees through attendance at meetings and programs.
- Establish and appoint a chairperson and members to ad-hoc committees for situations deemed necessary by the General Board.
- Maintain internal UPB communication though various mediums.
- Coordinate delegation of UPB representative to University committees as requested.
- Establish relationships with other Registered Student Organizations and University affiliates.
- Coordinate the planning of emergency events, such as vigils, in response to national/campus crisis.
- Coordinate the transition process of successor to the office of President.
- Sign and follow the UPB confidentiality agreement.
- Complete other duties as assigned.